Rainbow Acres serves individuals with a wide range and degree of developmental disabilities that include (but are not limited to) Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, Down syndrome, Fragile X syndrome and Developmental Delay from known and unknown causes. We strive to serve each resident (Rancher) and manage their medical conditions and health requirements as is reasonable within the context of our onsite resources and those of our local community.
The following criteria are offered to help you determine whether Rainbow Acres can meet the needs of your loved one with excellence. A successful Rancher candidate must:
- Be 18 years of age or older (admission process may begin earlier)
- Have a primary diagnosis of developmental disability or cognitive challenge
- Have medical conditions that are manageable in the context of our healthcare resources
- Be able to cover the cost of care
- Be accepting of supervision
- Be able to be left alone for short periods of time
- Be able to ambulate and/or transfer independently
- Be free of impulse to take flight or run away
- Be free of communicable diseases
- Be free from patterns of aggression or abuse toward self and others
- Be capable of most self-care and activities of daily living with prompting (e.g. eating, brushing teeth, dressing, toileting, independent bathing/showering, etc.)
- Be able to live successfully in a community with others
- Be able to meaningfully engage in programs and activities to the extent of his/her ability
If you determine that our program may meet your needs, please review our Admissions Process and contact us today. You may reach our Director of Admissions office at (928) 567-5231. Email inquiries may be directed to email@example.com.